Disclaimers for iCALL’s ReYou
- ReYou, iCALL’s suicide prevention chat-line for youth, is suitable to be used by an individual between 18-24 years of age, in a vulnerable situation wherein they may have thoughts of harming themselves (suicidal ideations or self-harm) or may be in distress.
- iCALL’s chat services are delivered by a team of experienced counselors trained to address a variety of youth mental health concerns, including crises.
- The aim of this service is to provide immediate and accessible support to people who are in distress, especially those in a crisis situation such as considering or contemplating suicide or self-harm. You may reach out to the chat service if these concerns become overwhelming for you or may be threatening your safety.
- The service does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, prescription of medications, or treatment of any conditions. Our service is not a substitute or alternative to professional health care and advice based on your unique circumstances, and you should not disregard professional advice, or delay seeking it, because of any information or guidance from our service. iCALL does not accept any liability (including for negligence) for any injury, loss, or damage incurred by use of or reliance on the information and guidance provided.
- In addition to these services, if the distress or symptoms persist or if you feel overwhelmed, it would be helpful if you consider engaging in long term therapy.
- In situations where iCALL’s counsellors believe that life is in immediate danger, i.e. when there might be a threat to the client’s or someone else’s safety, we have a duty of care to contact emergency services. In these circumstances, iCALL will disclose any identifiable and relevant information obtained during the chat conversation to emergency services to ensure your safety. Thus, the client will be referred to the appropriate service as determined by the counsellor.