iCALL Psychosocial Helpline; a field action project of the School of Human Ecology at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences Mumbai, provides counselling, support, information and referral to individuals in emotional and psychological distress, over the telephone and email. The helpline currently runs six days a week, from Monday to Saturday, from 8 AM to 10 PM. Going ahead, iCALL is looking to expand its team to meet its growing requirements
Applications for post of Counsellor at iCALL- Helpline for Psychosocial Counselling, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
About the helpline: iCALL, with the help of trained counsellors, provides emotional support to individuals in distress. The counsellors actively and supportively listen to individual’s disclosures of emotional distress and provide safe and holding environment for the same. The helpline currently functions on Mondays to Saturdays, from 8.00 a.m. To 10.00 p.m. iCALL provides information and referral services to those who are in need. One of the key functions of an effective helpline is to connect individuals to relevant and important knowledge and human service resources. The Helpline maintains a comprehensive database for referral services. The helpline has a nation-wide coverage.
Job Profile: The candidate shall report directly to the Programme Coordinator and the Programme Associate at iCALL, and shall be responsible for the following:
- Answering calls, chats and emails, maintaining records, monthly reports of the calls attended on the helpline
- Being proactive in carrying out publicity and outreach activities for the promotion of the helpline.
- Design training modules and workshops for academic, government and corporate institutions
- Deliver talks, conduct training, and workshops on topics related to counselling, mental health and psychosocial well-being
- Write newsletters, fliers, blogs and articles on to help sensitize lay people regarding mental health
- Develop case-studies, research papers and other works of academic writing on iCALL’s work
Selected candidates will have to undergo rigorous training before they start attending to actual calls. Counselling will be a supervised activity whereby an opportunity to learn and upgrade themselves on one hand and to take care of their own mental health issues on the other, will provided on an ongoing basis.
Desirous Candidates Must:
- Possess a Master’s Degree in Counselling or Clinical Psychology
- Have relevant experience of minimum a year
- Speak English and Hindi and at least one regional language fluently and possess good writing skills in English
- Be skilled in the use of computers for the purpose of documentation, data analysis and email-based counselling
- Be willing to commit for a duration at least a year
- Have sound knowledge of therapeutic process skills and psychotherapy
- Be willing to work in shifts on a weekly rotational basis
- Be willing to travel within Mumbai and to different parts of the country to conduct outreach, training, and workshops
Candidates shall be required to be based permanently in Mumbai for the tenure of their contract. Preference shall be given to candidates based in Mumbai presently.
The position is for the initial period of one year and will be extended depending on performance. Please note that this is a full-time position.
Applications are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Last Date of Applications is 5th of July 2018.
Process of Interview: The candidates will undergo a telephonic interview, upon clearing the same, only those who are selected will be contacted for a personal interview. Date of joining shall be agreed upon mutually.
For enquiries, contact:
iCALL Psychosocial Helpline,
Tata Institute of Social Sciences,
Deonar, Mumbai – 400088.
Tel. – 022-25525600