iCALL Psychosocial Helpline; a field action project of the School of Human Ecology at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences Mumbai, provides counselling, support, information and referral to individuals in emotional and psychological distress, over the telephone and email. The helpline currently runs six days a week, from Monday to Saturday, from 8 AM to 10 PM. Going ahead, iCALL is looking to expand its team to meet its growing requirements
Vacancy for Programme Officer at iCALL Psychosocial Helpline, TISS
|Name of Post||Programme Officer|
|No of Posts||01|
|Last date of Application||31/07/2019|
|Duration of employment||5 months|
About TISS: Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in 1936 and is a deemed univer-sity fully funded by the University Grants Commission, Government of India. TISS offers over 50 Master’s Degree programmes from its Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad Campuses. Mas-ters’ programmes are offered in a range of socially relevant inter-disciplinary areas. TISS is a research university with M. Phil. and Ph. D. programme and basic and applied research in a range of areas. A high degree of freedom and autonomy shape the positive work ethos and creativity in the Institute fa-cilitating strong linkages between education, research, field action and Dissemination.
iCALL Psychosocial Helpline; a field action project of the School of Human Ecology at the Tata Insti-tute of Social Sciences Mumbai, provides counselling, support, information and referral to individuals in emotional and psychological distress, over the telephone, chat and email.
iCALL in partnership with the government of Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and UNFPA undertakes two projects, which aim at strengthening capacities of counsellors working within the state’s SSK & RKSK counselling centers at Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan. The third project is another capacity building initiative of health staff posted at health and wellness centers on basic counselling skills, in Madhya Pradesh under the Aarogyam scheme of the Government of India. All three projects are in different stages of completion. iCALL is inviting applications for the post of Officer.
Job profile – Programme Officer
The candidate shall report directly to the Programme Coordinator at iCALL, and shall assist with the following:
- Developing proposals, report as required by the funders and the implementing partners
- Managing a team of research assistants and mental health trainers-cum-counsellors working under the projects.
- Coordinating with government officials to implement the project
- Developing & overseeing rich media content to be imparted over an e-learning platform
- Writing reports, newsletters, research papers and coordinating with partner agencies
- Developing and Assisting in strategic planning for project implementation
- Be willing to work in flexible hours and travel to Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan regularly
- Managing administrative responsibilities related to the project with TISS
Desirous candidates should:
- Possess a full-time Master’s Degree in Counselling or Clinical Psychology (MA/Msc) or equivalent from a recognized and reputed University
- Possess strong qualitative research and documentation skills
- Have 3 years of experience working in the field of mental health
- Have prior experience of engaging with research processes and writing academic publications
- Possess excellent spoken and written skills in English as well as in Hindi
- Be comfortable with public speaking
- Be willing to travel to Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan on a regular basis
Preference shall be given to candidates based in Mumbai. Candidates not having an academic back-ground in Counselling or Clinical Psychology need not apply. The current position is for a period of 5 months i.e. August 2019 to December 2019. Please note that this is a full-time position.
Desirous candidates may send their résumé to email@example.com before 31st July 2019. Kindly mark the subject of the email as ‘Application for the post of Programme Officer’ only. Late applications shall not be entertained. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview at TISS, Mumbai.