iCALL Psychosocial Helpline; a field action project of the School of Human Ecology at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences Mumbai, provides counselling, support, information and referral to individuals in emotional and psychological distress, over the telephone and email. The helpline currently runs six days a week, from Monday to Saturday, from 8 AM to 10 PM. Going ahead, iCALL is looking to expand its team to meet its growing requirements
Vacancies for the various posts at iCALL Psychosocial Helpline, TISS
About TISS: The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in 1936 and is a deemed university fully funded by the University Grants Commission, Government of India. TISS offers over 50 Master’s Degree programmes from its Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad Campuses. Masters’ programmes are offered in a range of socially relevant inter-disciplinary areas of Social Work, Social Sciences, Health, Management, Labor Studies and Habitat Studies. TISS is a research university with M. Phil. and Ph. D. programme and basic and applied research in a range of areas. A high degree of freedom and autonomy shape the positive work ethos and creativity in the Institute facilitating strong linkages between education, research, field action and Dissemination. The Institute provides significant space and resources for basic and policy research; and has research collaboration with some of the best universities and institutions across all continents. TISS offers a very challenging but fulfilling academic environment and opportunity to scholars committed to creating a just society through education, generation of knowledge and field action, and invites interested scholars in Social Sciences and allied disciplines located within and outside India to apply for faculty positions in its schools and centers.
About the helpline: iCALL, with the help of trained counsellors, provides emotional support to individuals in distress. The counsellors actively and supportively listen to individual’s disclosures of emotional distress and provide safe and holding environment for the same. The helpline currently functions on Mondays to Saturdays, from 8.00 a.m. To 10.00 p.m. iCALL provides information and referral services to those who are in need. One of the key functions of an effective helpline is to connect individuals to relevant and important knowledge and human service resources. The Helpline maintains a comprehensive database for referral services. The helpline has a nation-wide coverage.
Post of Senior Counsellor :
|Name of Post||Senior Counsellor|
|No of Posts||03|
|Last date of Application||15/04/2021|
|Remuneration||Upto 3,50,000 Per Annum|
The candidate shall report directly to the Programme Coordinator and the Programme Officers at iCALL, and shall be responsible for the following:
- Answering calls, chats and emails, maintaining records, monthly reports of the calls, emails and chats attended on the helpline
- Monitoring and guiding the other counsellor’s work at iCALL.
- Design training modules and workshops for academic, government and corporate institutions
- Deliver talks, conduct training, and workshops on topics related to counselling, mental health and psychosocial well-being
- Write newsletters, fliers, blogs and articles on to help sensitize lay people regarding mental health
- Develop case-studies, research papers and other works of academic writing on iCALL’s work
Selected candidates will have to undergo rigorous training before they start attending to actual calls. Counselling will be a supervised activity whereby an opportunity to learn and upgrade themselves on one hand and to take care of their own mental health issues on the other, will provided on an ongoing basis
Desirous Candidates Must:
- Possess a Master’s Degree in Counselling or Clinical Psychology
- Have relevant experience of minimum 2-3 years for the post of Senior Counsellor.
- Speak English and Hindi and at least one regional language fluently and possess good writing skills in English
- Be skilled in the use of computers for the purpose of documentation, data analysis and email-based counselling
- Be willing to commit for a duration at least a year
- Have sound knowledge of therapeutic process skills and psychotherapy
- Be willing to work in shifts on a weekly rotational basis
- Be willing to travel within Mumbai and to different parts of the country to conduct outreach, training, and workshops
Candidates shall be required to be based permanently in Mumbai for the tenure of their contract. Preference shall be given to candidates based in Mumbai presently. The position is for the initial period of one year, and will be extended depending on performance. Please note that this is a full-time position.
Desirous candidates may send their résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15/4/2021 with a subject line Application for the post of Counsellor. Late applications shall not be entertained. Mention the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
For enquiries, contact;
iCALL Psychosocial Helpline
Tata Institute of Social Sciences